A Woman's Guide To Using CBD For Menstrual Cramps
Photo Credit: https://unsplash.com/photos/fHyrRhruRzk
Adolescent women have a common thing to them every month - periods. And, then there are painful menstrual cramps. Conventional home remedies like heating pads to massage ointments bring cramp relief. But, it is a time-consuming process. CBD can help ease menstrual pains but is often misinterpreted as a recreational drug.
CBD is getting positive recognition for treating a wide variety of ailments. Menstrual cramps are no exception. Apart from cramps, CBD is an excellent treatment for epilepsy and inflammation-related problems. Let us see how CBD puts all notions to rest and earns appreciation for treating these monthly cramps.
Understanding Menstrual Cramps in Females
Photo Credit: https://unsplash.com/photos/phGZuTjjZFE
It is but natural for every young woman to face menstrual pain in her fertility years. What are the reasons for discomfort during monthly periods?
The uterus sheds its lining during the menstruation days. The contraction of prostaglandins in the uterus causes this shedding. This gives a feeling of pain and inflammation at the time of contractions. The higher levels of prostaglandin lead to more contractions and severe pain.
Other reasons for severe menstrual cramps include the following among others:
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Fibroids in the Uterus
It is essential to make a gynecological visit when you feel the menstrual cramps are getting painful and unbearable. Ignoring them can increase the chances of infertility and life-threatening infections.
CBD For Treating Menstrual Cramps
CBD is an integral component of the cannabis flower. It also has anti-inflammatory effects and comes of noteworthy use during monthly periods.
CBD can protect the uterine cells from damage due to trauma or inflammation. It can also prevent period pains in advance. That makes it an effective self-medication option for women during periods. How does CBD achieve this?
- Can prevent inflammation in the body
- Can lessen the genes that are auto-inflammatory
- Can trigger the anti-inflammatory responses
- Can suppress the protein formation that creates inflammation
Easy to use and limited side-effects, CBD is a better option for cramp-less periods. Try Lazarus Naturals CBD to get an experience of the beneficial CBD.
CBD For Other Menstrual Complications
CBD can decrease premenstrual syndrome symptoms like headaches, insomnia, depression. Let’s take a look at the PMS symptoms that CBD can fight:
- Headaches: Hormonal imbalances can lead to headaches. CBD can reduce it.
- Anxiety and Depression: CBD may boost the production of mood-lifting natural cannabinoids in the body.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms: CBD may help ease inflammation in the gut.
- Acne: CBD can help in limiting the oil sebum on your skin.
- Insomnia: The sedative effects of CBD can fight sleeplessness and get you a good sleep.
- Joint and Muscle pain: CBD is an excellent muscle relaxant and can bring relief from muscle stiffness.
CBD Products for Menstrual Cramps
Photo Credit: https://unsplash.com/photos/DPW3OKMxPN0
There is a wide range of CBD products for female reproductive health.
- Vaginal CBD suppositories: Provide immediate relief from menstrual pain. Get the CBD suppositories implanted into the uterus through the vaginal route. Since this medicine travels through the bloodstream, it can spread the healing effect.
- Marijuana lubricants: These are an excellent way to treat menstrual symptoms. It also enhances the health of the vagina. A woman of reproductive age can apply marijuana lubricant by herself or during sexual intercourse.
Women are not very comfortable with the idea of vaginal insertion of CBD products. Some of these alternatives are available for comfort and pleasure.
- CBD Oil: Incorporate it into your diet or any meal.
- Edibles: Food, drinks, candy, take your pick of these edibles canada options to consume CBD.
- Inhalation: It is a good option for outdoor-bound women. Inhalation through smoking, vaping, and nebulizing can help reduce menstrual cramps.
Precautions to take before using CBD for Menstrual Cramps
Photo Credit: https://unsplash.com/photos/1TVNLJJMVVU
Go ahead and take CBD to treat painful menstrual problems, but only after you have visited a qualified obstetrician or a gynecologist. Whether it is your first visit or a repeat visit, the doctor should be a registered practitioner. CBD products for menstrual cramps should be pH-balanced and free of contaminants. If so, it will reduce your chances of contracting an infection or irritation.
If you experience unusual discharge or burning, itching or foul smell, then stop CBD for some time. Consult your doctor for clinical diagnosis and treatment. CBD can affect the fertility level in some women after it has interacted with the body’s estrogen receptors. If pregnancy is on your mind, stop CBD during menstrual cramps as it may hinder the chances. Every female body responds to a CBD product differently.
CBD may be a recreational drug. Women should know that they can consume it for menstrual health. If your menstrual pains are intense and conventional drugs are proving to be futile, go ahead and try CBD. It is an alternative remedy and is very beneficial for the body. Take your doctor’s opinion on CBD for the best relief from menstrual pains.