Out of town relatives have bid their adieus, your social calendar is clear, and there’s not a gift left on your list. When the holidays are through and the last ornament has been packed away, there’s only one thing left to do: make time for some rest and relaxation. Take quiet time to decompress, sinking into your tub for a long and luxurious soak. Ward off dry winter skin and emerge peaceful and pampered, by whipping together this easy DIY body scrub. With a quick trip to any health food store, you should be able to stock up on these common household ingredients.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups Dead Sea salts
- 1 cup sweet almond or jojoba oil
- 6-8 drops essential oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together your salts and sweet almond or jojoba oil. Then, stir in your essential oils.
- Once well-combined, spoon your mixture into an airtight container such as a canning jar. When you’re ready to put it to use, scoop a bit out with your fingers and gently scrub in circles across your skin. Breathe deep, relax, and enjoy!
Why we love it:
While this bath soak and DIY body scrub couldn’t be simpler to make, it packs a punch when it comes to relaxing and moisturizing. Dead Sea salts are rich in magnesium and calcium — two minerals that prove supremely hydrating to the skin. In addition, Dead Sea minerals are said to soothe rough patches and ease inflammation, improving skin’s overall appearance and health.
Depending on which essential oils you choose, your bath soak can also take on comforting, soothing, clarifying, or energizing properties.
- Try lavender for a floral scent and relaxing quality
- Mix in eucalyptus for a clean, energizing kick
- Try a combination of sweet orange and lavender for a soak that’s deeply calming
- Stir in vanilla and sweet orange for a bath that has you emerging like a decadent dessert
Bonus: if you enjoy a hot shower instead of a soak, this soothing shower bomb recipe is also fantastic!
Have you tried your own DIY body scrub? What do you use for proper pampering and indulgences in your own body care? Please share your fave recipes in the comments below!